SEZP believes that an indispensable ingredient of high-performing schools is family engagement. There is simply no substitute.
In SEZP, schools not only communicate with families about the successes and challenges of their individual student, but have the voices of families in the room when critical decisions are made.
To be even more involved in your child’s education…
SEZP administers a Family survey each year to tell us whether schools are setting families up for success to support their child academically. The survey measures family perception of school performance, how the school is engaging their child in learning, and the extent to which schools are taking action to involve families. Gathering family feedback informs how schools can provide more opportunities for family involvement.
The following domains are part of every family survey we administer nationwide:
- School Net Promoter: Perceptions of the school and how likely families would be to recommend this school to other parents.
- Academic Opportunity: Perceptions of teacher expectations for students and if students are supported given adequate academic opportunities
- Welcoming School: Perceptions of teacher expectations for students and if students are supported given adequate academic opportunities
- Trusting Environment: Perceptions of direct experiences with school staff, activities, and school atmosphere
- Relationships with Teachers: Perceptions of relationships between teacher and families
- Value of Feedback: Perceptions of teacher and school leadership’s openness to parent/guardian concerns and suggestions
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Perceptions of whether there is a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, amongst the school community. This domain also provides families an opportunity to offer anonymous suggestions for how the school can improve DEI efforts.